Iowa State University forward Marcus Fizer is the Big Twelve player of the week after leading ISU to wins over Texas and Oklahoma State. Fizer scored 64 points in the two games to lead the Cyclones into sole possession of first place in the conference. Head Coach Larry Eustachy says the play of Fizer has been the difference so far down the stretch.With reserve Paul Shirley hurt, Eustachy says if the team wants to go anywhere in postseason play, they will need the help of Martin Rancik and other bench players. ISU’s two final games are on the road against Texas Tech and Baylor. Eustachy says they will be extremely tough games. Iowa State moved up from 18th to 14th in the latest ESPN/Coaches basketball poll.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk