March 1st, 2000 will be forever known as championship night for Iowa State. Marcus Fizer tied a career high with 35-points and the Cyclones took the lead with a 12-0 run late in the second half for an 87-79 win at Texas Tech to claim at least a share of the Big-12 Championship, their first conference title since 1945. The Cyclones had to overcome the hot shooting of Tech’s Rayford Young who poured in a season high 36-points. The victory was a school record 25th for Iowa State. The Lonestar state was equally kind to the Iowa State women who claimed a 79-66 victory at Texas as the Cyclones grabbed a share of the Big-12 regular season title. The Cyclones outscored the Longhorns 26-4 in the final six minutes to come from behind. Both the men and women will be the top seed in the conference tournament.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk