A local-access cable T-V show in eastern Iowa is attracting national attention.There was so much negativity surrounding the Fox network’s “Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?” it was cancelled after one episode, but the Iowa City version is much more down-to-earth & may soon be featured on A-B-C’s “Good Morning America.” This production is called “Who Wants to Marry a Short, Middle Aged, Cranky Guy with No Money?” The first edition aired in Iowa City featured five female contestants who all wore parkas so their bodies were hidden. Each was asked a series of Trivial Pursuit-style questions and the 52-year-old bachelor chose his winning bride. As it turned out though, he and the woman took the free dinner certificate but chose not to tie the knot.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student