An eastern Iowa care facility has been found at fault by the state in connection with the burning death of a female patient. 51-year old Ann Harford of Cedar Rapids apparently stuffed toilet paper in her nightgown and lit the paper on fire. She later died of second and third degree burns. Harford was a patient at the Abbe (ab-bee) Center for Community Care in Cedar Rapids. The Center is owned by Linn County, but is privately managed. The State Department of Inspections and Appeals says the center failed to identify the woman’s level of functioning and need for supervision. The state says no citations or fines will be issued as the facility has come up with a plan to correct the problem.
You are here: / / State rules against Cedar Rapids care facility