Governor Vilsack is scheduled to testify before a U-S Senate committee today on the values of corn-based ethanol fuel. Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley says Ag Committee members are considering phasing out the oil-based fuel additive called MTBE. Grassley says using ethanol as a replacement for MTBE would help increase the profits of American farmers.Grassley says a recent study found alternative fuels, like ethanol, are already saving American consumers seven billion dollars a year.Grassley is sending pro-ethanol letters today to the heads of the departments of Agriculture and Energy.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old