As gasoline prices inch downward from recent record highs, Iowa Congressman Leonard Boswell vows he will not relax pressure to increase funding for research on alternative forms of energy, including ethanol.Boswell, a democrat from Davis City, says there’s less pressure to cut federal gasoline taxes now since prices began falling following the OPEC nations’ promise last month to boost oil production.The U-S Senate yesterday FAILED to revoke a federal gas tax. Iowa’s Senators split on the vote — republican Chuck Grassley favored the tax cut while democrat Tom Harkin was against it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions