House Republican Leader Christopher Rants again delayed debate on the electric deregulation bill.Rants, though, said he made some progress on the issue yesterday. He says he’s picked up a couple of votes, but not enough to move ahead.Iowa Association of Business and Industry president Jim Aipperspach has been involved in negotiations on electric deregulation. At mid-day, Aipperspach said it was time for Rants to throw a “Hail Mary” and bring the bill up for debate in the House. By evening, Aipperspach had a different line. He says the conversations will continue until they are sure they have enoung votes to move ahead.Aipperspach believes bill backers are walking a tight-rope with some legislators. He says many have heard enough about the bill and lobbyist have to be careful not to go too far.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record