A rail car tipped over onto a grain elevator shed in the small, central Iowa town of Beaver last night. The train car was being moved by rail-line workers when the accident occurred. Mark Doty, the grain marketing specialist at the elevator, says there’s a car still stuck in the building. He says the area has been taped off and they’re waiting for inspectors to come and look at it.Doty doesn’t know how much damage the building sustained or whether they’ll be able to rebuild it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime