Central College won the Iowa Conference softball playoff Sunday in Waverly with a 7-2 victory over Coe. Earlier, Coe edged Simpson 3-2. Central coach George Wares says a big key was winning the coin flip last week, which meant his team only had to win one game. Central took command by scoring four runs in the bottom of the second. He says scoring the first run is always critical in this type of game.The playoff was needed after the three teams all tied at the top of the league standings and it means Central grabs the automatic spot in the N-C-A-A division three regionals.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!