State officials say the dozen tornadoes which ravaged Black Hawk and Buchanan Counties last Thursday left behind nearly three-million dollars worth of damage. Governor Vilsack released state damage estimates this morning. He says 8 homes were destroyed in Black Hawk County with a total of 34 homes hit in some way. Three businesses were damaged and there public buildings were damages. The total damage in Black Hawk County is one-point-eight million dollars. In Buchanan County, 22 buildings were hit with varying levels of damage with a total cost of around one-million dollars.Vilsack toured the damage in Dunkerton on Friday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall