A member of the State Board of Regents today questioned whether the three state universities can advance under the budget approved by the legislature.EllenGray Kennedy’s remarks came during a report from the “Iowa 2010 Council” — a group plotting Iowa’s future in the next decade. The council says better wages and jobs are needed in the state. Kennedy says the universities are not being allowed to help the state.Kennedy says it’s been a problem in the five years she’s been on the board.The regents met today at the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness