A manure spill from a dairy farm near Atlantic has killed a “few thousand” fish in a small creek. Mick Klemesrud (klem’-us-rood) of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources says it happened overnight at the “Milk Unlimited” Dairy farm. A plastic tub somehow got lodged in a manure pit, causing manure to overflow into a road ditch. The manure eventually got into Turkey Creek.Klemesrud says a few thousand minnows, chubs, blue gills and catfish were killed. This is the second manure spill at the dairy in 16 months. There are 18-hundred cows at the dairy farm.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights