Huge robotic creatures, from giraffes to enormous grasshoppers, are now on display at the Science Center of Iowa. The exhibit “The Robot Zoo” opened on Saturday featuring larger-than-life animal robots.Kay Hyde is spokeswoman for the Des Moines facility. She says this exhibit contains 16 hands-on activities and eight enormous creatures — like a giant squid with 18-foot-long tentacles and a monstrous color-changing chameleon.Hyde says cutaways expose the animals’ insides as a host of easily recognizable machine parts and gadgets, like shock absorbers and pumps, to show what makes animals work.The new exhibit will be at the Science Center of Iowa through August 20th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature