An eastern Iowa woman is suing the Marion Police Department for wrongly listing her address and apartment number on a sex offender registry. Mary Churchill is suing for one-dollar in damages — and to get her reputation back. Churchill says law enforcement agencies should confirm addresses before publishing them. She says she simply wants her name cleared of any association with a sex offender.Churchill says she doesn’t know the offender. She says since the notice was published, she’s been subjected to humiliation without knowing what she had done to deserve it.Churchill says she even faces losing her apartment over the incident. She says she wants to be sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else.Marion Police say the sex offender in question is the one who listed Churchill’s address on the registry.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal