Iowa-based Hy-Vee has a new, on-line business called “electricfood.dot.com” Michael Hurwitz, the president of the new dot-com, saysit’s an Internet shopping center for hard-to-find ingredients. He says they have a lot of ethnic foods that aren’t available at the grocery store.You can order a food item, like a special spice, on electricfood-dot-com and have it delivered the next day, via U-P-S.Hurwitz says the web site has gourmet and ethnic recipes as well as cooking tips.Electricfood-dot-com’s editorial staff is located in Los Angeles. The site’s electronic backbone is in West Des Moines. Hy-Vee has more than 200 stories in the Midwest and is one of the nation’s 15 largest supermarket chains.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill