An Addair County girl is back in Iowa after an appearance in New York on a national talk show. Five-year old Maddison Haines of Orient sang on “Live, with Regis and Kathie Lee” as part of a singing contest for Alphabits cereal. Maddison is the daughter of Meg and Brian Haines. Meg Haines says her daughter first won a regional contest in Des Moines.Maddison won a one thousand-dollar savings bond and the trip to New York in the regional contest. She didn’t win the overall contest, but Maddison’s mother says her daughter’s performance made her family proud. Meg Haines attended the taping of the show with her daughter, but didn’t meet the stars of the show.Maddison’s next performance is tomorrow at Creston’s annual Fourth of July talent show.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season