The Socialist Workers party presidential candidate is campaigning in Iowa today. James Harris was just in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he was helping organize workers at a South St. Paul packing plant.Harris says farmers and factory workers are being exploited in the current economic boom.Harris says capitalism cannot be reformed, it needs to be tossed aside in favor of a “working-class, socialist perspective.” Harris ran as the Socialist Workers Party’s presidential candidate in 1996. Harris, who’s 52 years old, is a garment worker and a member of a union. He’ll speak tonight at the Iowa Socialist Workers Party’s headquarters in Des Moines.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall