Drought conditions have eased over much of Iowa — which is good news for farmers — and the operators of the casino riverboat in Osceola. Lakeside Casino and Resort General Manager Joe Massa says recent rains have allowed them to resume cruises on West Lake.The state requires casino boats to make 100 cruises between April and October. Massa says they should be able to meet that limit as long at there isn’t another long dry spell. They’ve already completed 48 cruises.Massa says they’re now cruising seven days a week to make up for cruise time lost when the lake was too low.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk