Iowa’s race tracks and casinos will focus on problem gamblers this week. It’s been dubbed “Responsible Gaming Education Week” in Iowa. Jane Bell is a spokesperson for the Ameristar Casino in Council Bluffs. Bell says they’re working to educate their employees to help people with problems.She says all casinos post information to keep employees on the lookout for problem gamblers.Council Bluffs Mayor Jim Hannifan signed a proclamation in recognition of the week. Mayor Hannifan says much of the gambling problem happens outside the casinos.Hannifan says the week highlights the potential problems if you get caught up in too much gambling.Hannifan says he’s glad to see the casinos promoting gambler’s assistance programs, because they help all gamblers. If you think you have a gambling problem, you can call 1-800-BETS-OFF.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall