Iowa recorded its 26th bank robbery of the year this morning when a U-S Bank in Des Moines was robbed. F-B-I spokesman Larry Holmquist says Iowa’s bank robbery rate isn’t much different from last year when there were 47 bank robberies. Holmquist says 70-percent of bank robbers get caught.Holmquist says bank robberies are sometimes spurred by media attention.Tellers say this morning’s robber was a white man who escaped on foot.
- Plan to merge Des Moines Waterworks with other systems moving forward
- IDP chair says she’s focused on recruiting leaders for county parties
- Iowa State’s Contreraz wins Big-12 award
- Recommendation would merge or eliminate 111 state boards and commissions
- Railroad spokesman says crossing accidents increase with colder weather
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...