Iowa Congressman Leonard Boswell is praising an agreement he says will help ease the cost of prescription drugs for older Iowans. A tentative bipartisan agreement would allow U-S pharmacists to import drugs from other countries.Boswell, a democrat, says the agreement’s included in the Agriculture Appropriations Bill. Boswell says a study by his office shows medication costs 72 to 103-percent more in the U-S than it does in Mexico and CanadaBoswell can’t explain the disparity in prices.Boswell says the importation of drugs is only one part of the solution. He says it’s also important to pass the democrat plan to cover all prescription drugs under medicare.Boswell says the cost of the plan is worth it when it comes to helping seniors.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk