A Red Oak man who escaped from the Montgomery County jail two months ago has been caught in Mexico.31-year old John Wesley Higgs was arrested in Cancun. Higgs was being held on two counts of sexual abuse on a minor when he overpowered a guard and escaped. His wife, 30-year old Michelle Higgs, was arrested earlier in Texas as she tried to cross the border. She’s charged with helping him escape and child endangerment. The three Higgs children have been placed in protective custody.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal