A consumer watchdog group says many Iowans are waiting an unreasonable –and possibly dangerous– length of time to get their Firestone tires replaced. After surveying many Iowa tire dealers, Iowa Public Interest Research Group, or PIRG, found some people are waiting ten months for replacement tires following the recall. PIRG spokeswoman Amber Hard says the recall process is time-consuming and confusing. She says consumers need to be on-guard and not be stuck with the bill, nor should they have to drive around for months on “unsafe” tires. Hard thinks Uncle Sam needs more power to solve this type of problem before it happens again.PIRG believes the federal government should be able to order a recall instead of urging manufacturers to issue one. Hard says the tire-maker should be held responsible for the situation.More than 14-million tires are being recalled due to a safety-related defect.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill