Iowa State coach Dan McCarney is hopeful running back Ennis Haywood will be ready for Saturday’s homecoming game against Texas A&M. Haywood missed the game against Oklahoma State with bruised ribs suffered in the loss to Nebraska.McCarney says a decision will be made later in the week.The Cyclones are a victory away from clinching their first winning season since 1989 and becoming bowl eligible. McCarney says the only thing they will be talking about this week is Texas A&M.Texas A&M Coach R.C. Slocum says tailback Richard Whitacker will be sidelined with a groin injury.A&M is 4-2 and Slocum says a big plus has been the play of quarterback Mark Farris.Farris had 311-yards of passing in a win over Baylor.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!