Former Iowa Governor Robert Ray says he got a chill upon learning the news of the Missouri Governor’s death, since Ray survived a plane crash years ago. Then-candidate Ray, the pilot and one other person were aboard a small plane that went down in a rain-slicked field near Mason City in 1968.While all three people were injured, Ray says he knows he was very lucky to have survived.Ray calls Governor Mel Carnahan a great American and says his death is extremely tragic.Ray was Iowa’s governor from 1969 until 1983.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal