The first seven years of the Pioneer Football League has seen the winner of the Drake-Dayton game claim at least a share of the conference title. They matchup Saturday in Dayton and with a victory, the Bulldogs could wrap up at least a share of the title.Drake coach Rob Ash says close games have been the rule in this series the past few years and Ash expects that to continue.Ash says in a game of this magnitude mistakes and special teams can play a significant role.Dayton rarely loses at home but Drake posted a victory in its last game there in 1998.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record