A Utah truck driver likely won’t be stopping for restroom breaks in Iowa anymore. 32-year-old David Alpers was beaten and robbed at a rest area off of Interstate 80 in Pottawattamie County on Wednesday. Sheriff Jeff Danker says Alpers had just dropped off a load of beef in Nebraska and was headed for Pennsylvania when he stopped for a bathroom break. Two white males allegedly hit him on the head and took his billfold.An attendant found Alpers in the restroom and called 9-1-1. Alpers is expected to be released from an Omaha hospital today. Sheriff Danker says people need to be mindful whenever they pull over, although he says this is a rare occurrence.No arrests have been made.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities