An eastern Iowa man escaped serious injury when his experimental airplane crashed Sunday.59-year old John Maher of Cedar Rapids was flying the plane southeast of Iowa City when the engine quit. He was flying at an altitude of 900 feet when he went down. The plane landed in an unpicked cornfield, mowing down about 100 feet of corn. Maher was able to climb out of the plane and walk to a farmhouse. He was treated for minor injuries and released.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk