Over one hundred thousand Iowans go hungry every day according to statistics from the Food Bank of Iowa. The Food Bank’s Karen Ford says a recent U-S-D-A study found nearly nine percent of Iowa households have limited or uncertain access to food.The Food Bank of Iowa distributes food to 260 non-profit soup kitchens and food pantries in 42 counties.Food giant Hormel will donate hams to the Food Bank based on the amount of Hormel purchases made in Iowa over the next two months.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old