Democrat presidential candidate Al Gore makes a mid-day stop in Davenport today. Yesterday, the wife of the republican party’s vice presidential candidate campaigned in the Sioux City area. Lynn Cheney stopped at Sergeant Bluff-Luton Elementary school. She says education and social security are the top priorities in their campaign.Mrs. Cheney rejects the idea Gore enjoys greater support among women voters. She says the gender gap has grown smaller as the election approaches.Cheney read a book to a third grade class and then spoke to a crowd assembled in a cafeteria. Mrs. Cheney’s husband, Dick, is scheduled to campaign in Iowa on Saturday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!