In high school football, the first ever eight-man playoffs open tonight with semifinal round action. Second ranked Murray is at home against third ranked Adair-Casey. Murray coach Keith Shields says going into the season they were not sure what the transition to the eight-man game would be like, but he says football is football.Shields says there is a lot of excitement around the community.The other semifinal round game finds top ranked Elk Horn-Kimballton at fifth ranked Whiting.For the remainder of the classes, the regular season comes to an end tonight. In class 2A, sixth ranked Ballard of Huxley takes on West Marshall for the district three title and an automatic spot in the playoffs. West Marshall coach Ken Winkler says a victory takes out all the suspense and puts them in the playoffs.Winkler says this will be a major challenge for his team.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal