Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader is campaigning in Iowa today. Nader’s campaign has been siphoning votes away from Democrat Al Gore. Nader says that’s not his concern. Nader says if people are that concerned “they ought to vote for tweedle dee Gore and tweedle dum Bush.”Former Democrat presidential candidate Jesse Jackson visited Iowa today to try and keep Democrats from defecting to Green Party candidate Ralph Nader. Jackson says Nader supporters and Democrats are fighting for the same thing and Nader supporters must realize the consequences of their actions. Jackson cited the 1968 election as an example.He says Democrats angry at the Vietnam war spent so much time cutting down Hubert Humphrey, they helped republican Richard Nixon win the election. Jackson made his comments during a stop in Cedar Rapids.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk