Aspiring actors from Iowa who want to get a few tips from a Hollywood insider are meeting in Des Moines this weekend. Meryl O’Loughlin has been a casting director for dozens of movies and T-V programs. She’s teaching a series of workshops, according to Kimberly Busbee, of a local casting and production agency.O’Loughlin spent several years as casting director for “The Young and the Restless” and has held casting posts at Columbia Pictures and at M-T-M or Mary Tyler Moore Productions. She’s cast more than 50 films and numerous T-V series, including “Alf,” “WKRP in Cincinnati” and “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.” Busbee says O’Loughlin will be training Iowa actors in a workshop called “A Roadmap for the Actor’s Career.”While O’Loughlin isn’t in Iowa to cast a particular film or T-V show, Busbee says it certainly wouldn’t hurt any Iowans who can make a good impression on her for future projects. Busbee says O’Loughlin will be training the Iowa actors during workshops on Sunday, too.Busbee owns Ariesworks Entertainment of Des Moines. For information on the workshops, call (515) 244-1231.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting