Forty teams take part in tonight’s high school football quarterfinal round playoff games. In class 4A, despite finishing 9-0, second ranked Cedar Falls’ playoff run has been a minefield. It continues with an Iowa City High team that spent nearly all the season top ranked.Cedar Falls coach Pat Mitchell, says Iowa City High’s defense has been known for its speed over the years. Mitchell says whoever wins this game will face another top team.In class 1A, second-ranked Aplington-Parkersburg takes on seventh rated North Tama in the UNI-Dome. Aplington-Parkersburg coach Ed Thomas talks says North Tama is very impressive and physical.Thomas says North Tama’s balance on offense is a concern.In class A, fourth-ranked Treynor is at home against top-ranked Manning. Treynor coach Steve Owens says the playoff experience gained the past few years has helped with the limited days of preparation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk