Republicans may challenge Al Gore’s declared victory in Iowa. Iowa G-O-P chairman Kayne Robinson says late returns called in this morning make the Iowa race tighter than it was last night. Robinson says his own tally indicates Gore leads Iowa by just 28-hundred votes. Robinson says under Iowa law, it’s George W. Bush who will have to make the call to challenge Iowa’s vote. Robinson says the re-count should be made not because of any reports of fraud, but just to check for mistakes in such a close election. Robinson has had preliminary discussions with the Bush campaign. If it’s really, really close — within a couple thousand votes — Robinson suspects the Bush camp will press for a recount in Iowa. A decision on a recount in Iowa will probably be made by tomorrow afternoon, according to Robinson.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk