There are more problems with the controversial natural gas pipeline snaking from Canada through northeast Iowa to Chicago. The Alliance Pipeline had been set November 13th as the start-date for service through the 18-hundred-mile-long pipeline. Today, the company announced the system won’t be brought on-line until the end of the month. Officials say debris within the line has caused problems with getting a constant flow of gas. The pipeline begins in northwest Canada and cuts through north and eastern Iowa on its way to the Chicago area.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall