The Edgewood-Colesburg school board has fired a teacher after ruling she was linked to an alcohol-related car crash in October where four students died. The board okayed the termination of Carol Walthart last night. The students had attended a party at Walthart’s home the night before the crash. She claims she did nothing wrong and plans to appeal her firing.
- New president named for Iowa Valley Community College District
- Silent Night in Algona wins two ‘Red Letter’ movie awards
- Governor Reynolds promises state surplus will fuel tax cuts
- Senator Grassley says efforts are underway to try and avoid government shutdown
- Many already looking ahead to travel for Christmas
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...