Forecasters say a snowstorm is headed for the Hawkeye State. National Weather Service meteorologist Gary Forster says the blizzard is brewing now over Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona.Snow and blowing snow advisories are in effect for west-central and northwest Iowa this afternoon and tonight. Also, a winter weather advisory is in effect for north-central and northeast Iowa tonight. Forster, who works at the metro Des Moines office, says accumulation is likely, especially across upper Iowa.Three to five inches may fall in the north, one to two inches in central Iowa. Forster says the forecast gets worse as strong winds on Thursday could make for dangerous wind chill factors in many parts of the state. There’s also a chance of snow Saturday and Sunday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk