A group backing a major development on the Mississippi River in Dubuque presented its plan to the State Racing and Gaming Commission today. Terry Goodman is the marketing director for the project, which has three components; a river education discovery center, a conference and education center and a water park. The group is seeking some funding from Vision Iowa, a special state fund for such projects. Goodman says it will be a big draw for the state, bringing in at least a half million additional people to the one million that already visit Dubuque.Goodman says they plan to ask the state for 65-million dollars to help fund the 178-million dollar project. She says they can begin construction once they get the state funding and the project could be completed as early as 2002.Goodman’s presentation today is one of several she’s making around the state to build interest in the river center.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness