A new report card on Iowa schools shows some troublesome trends. Iowa Department of Education spokesman Ron Parker says student test scores aren’t going up.Parker says, for example, about 68 percent of last year’s fourth-graders were proficient readers. That’s a four- percent decline from 1993 test scores.Parker says it’s worrisome because reading is so important. He says it’s a concern that if the students don’t learn in the first two or three years, they’ll have trouble in other subjects.The state’s annual “Condition of Education” report was released yesterday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern