Nearly 60 Iowa kids have submitted essays for a history contest that’ll award cash prizes. Contest coordinator Crystal Bailey says the essays focused on items of the 20th Century.The contest coincides with a new exhibit opening December 16th at the State Historical Building. It’s called “A Few of Our Favorite Things: Creations of the 20th Century.”Essay contest winners will be announced in early December.The junior division is for kids in grades five through eight and the senior division is for 9th through 12th graders.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa