The Iowa Hawkeyes won their season opener Sunday night by fighting off upset minded Wisconsin-Milwaukee 83-79. Iowa coach Steve Alford says he was not surprised it was a close game.Milwaukee shot 66-percent in the first half in building a 47-42 lead at the break but the Hawks held the Panthers to 32-percent shooting in the second half. Alford says his team struggled defensively in the first half.Luke Recker had 17-points and Alford says a key was the play of Reggie Evans who had 16-points and 11-rebounds.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight