Anyone in the world with Internet access can now plan a holiday trip in Iowa with a click of the mouse. The state Division of Tourism has launched a webpage that promotes holiday travel in Iowa. Shawna Lode, public relations manager for the division, says dozens of holiday events are listed on the webpage, with one large event each week being highlighted with a feature story.The holidays are a popular time for travel in Iowa and Lode says Iowa is home to hundreds of events that celebrate the season. She says travelers can visit the website each week to learn about the many festive and colorful events taking place around Iowa.The website is at “www.traveliowa.com”. Tourism is a four billion dollar a year industry in Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal