A central Iowa family received a huge early Christmas gift today — a three-bedroom home. Central Iowa United Way President Martha Willits says a Des Moines real estate developer provided the home.The Clarke Companies gave away their first home three years ago as a way to give something back to the community. United Way chose the families to live in those homes.LeAndre and Natalie Lee and their three children were chosen from 40 applicants as the lucky recipients of this year’s home. The home in southern Des Moines includes a full complement of appliances. The Lees took possession of the home in a ceremony this afternoon.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness