The man who’s in charge of the 85-member company for “Les Miserables” is excited to be back in Iowa for the holidays. Company manager Steve Quinn is a Cedar Rapids native. The production opened to a sell-out crowd in Des Moines last night. Quinn says his days are hectic, but fun.The 36-year-old Quinn is a University of Iowa grad who’s been on the road with “Les Miz” for nine months straight, touring literally from coast-to-coast. As for the people he supervises, Quinn says it’s a diverse and interesting lot.This will be the first Thanksgiving in 15 years Quinn has been able to go home for a meal. He attributes his strong work ethic and drive to his parents, who still live in Cedar Rapids.”Les Miz” is at the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines through Sunday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk