The Northern Iowa women are still savoring their weekend upset of then 24th ranked Illinois in a game in Cedar Rapids. UNI Coach Tony Dicecco says it’s the type of win he’s looked for since coming to Cedar Falls.DiCecco says his team can enjoy the win until they return to the hardwood Thursday against BYU.UNI upset BYU last year. DiCecco says they’ve made a decision to switch the December 20th game against Iowa State from the West Gym to the UNI-Dome. He says there was a lot of discussion about the move, because the West Gym is smaller and is tougher to play in for opponents. DiCecco says he decided on the move to make the ISU game more of an event.The coach admits moving to the larger UNI-Dome could take away some of his team’s home edge.The Panthers are now 5-1 on the season.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G