One of eastern Iowa’s largest employers is splitting itself in two. Rockwell International Corporation spokeswoman Nancy Glass says Rockwell International is spinning off its Avionics and Communications Unit to shareowners, creating two companies: Rockwell Automation in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, while Rockwell Collins will remain in Cedar Rapids. Glass says the Cedar Rapids-based company will now be its own publicly traded entity. Glass says -no- job cuts are expected and the company may have to add to its staff. She says there is -no- concern about the company being sold.Rockwell Collins will continue its focus on avionics and communication units with an annual revenue of about three billion dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G