A Georgia telemarketer has been found guilty of felony theft charges. Radio A jury in O’Brien County found that 44-year old Robert Holland of Canton, Georgia took more than 50-thousand dollars from an Iowa couple in an investment scheme. The Iowa Attorney General says Holland made telemarketing calls in which he attempted to get people to invest in foreign currency promising a big return on their investment. Holland was found guilty of conspiracy to commit theft by deception and being a habitual offender. He’ll be sentenced February 5th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A sure sign spring is coming: The Home + Garden Show opens today
- Iowa farmer calls on Congress to pass ‘climate-smart’ Farm Bill
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident