The U-S Post Office is asking for your help in getting the extra holiday mail through on time. Spokesman Rich Watkins says things can get a little treacherous now that there’s lots of snow on the ground.He asks that you do what you can to make sidewalks and steps safe, such as spreading out salt or sand to keep them passable.Watkins says the bulk of the extra holiday cards and letters are being delivered in the next few days.He says the extra load can make it tough on carriers if walks aren’t shoveled or are icy.Watkins says the U-S Postal Service will deliver an additional 280-million pieces of mail nationwide for the holiday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!