The 22nd ranked Iowa Hawkeyes host Missouri in non-conference play on Saturday. The Hawkeyes are 7-0 and have been idle since a victory over Iowa State. This will be with fifth meeting in the series which began in 1997. Iowa coach Steve Alford hopes it will continue. He says they’ve been trying to extend the contract, but haven’t been successful yet.Alford says the players were happy they cracked the top 25 this week. He says he wants them to be excited and care about the rankings, even though it isn’t as important this time of year. Alford says it does speak to the work the players have put in since last year. He says the task now is to stay in the rankings and move up.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal